Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Team Grows!

Tucker and I have only been a team for three days and we've already got a new teammate!

My friend and neighbour Steve Holmes has announced (though not nearly so publicly as this) that he is going to join us on our ride to Seattle. This is exciting news; it means that we have someone who can carry my feet after I pass out and Tucker has to drag me off the road. That'll save me from having to shake the gravel out of my shoes when I come to.

I put up a link to Tucker's donation page today, and we'll get a link to Steve's up as soon as we can. Also, for the ladies, I'll see if I can get a photo of Steve in biking shorts.

Until then, you'll have to satisfy yourself with a photo of me in my less-than-sexy winter biking gear out at Spanish Banks yesterday, along with a couple of photos of my beautiful city on a beautiful winter day. You can click on the photos to get a much higher resolution version of them.

(In case you're wondering, the ride to Spanish Banks was a hilly 33km. I was starving when I was finished. Fortunately, the ride to Seattle will be fully catered.)




No comments:

Post a Comment